11.19.2012

{See Alice Go} Wrap for the Holidays

I might have mentioned this before, but I LOVE Christmas because I love picking out and wrapping presents. What I don't like, is having to spend money on things to wrap the presents with.

Whenever I get a present that would fit well into the box available at the store, I ask for a box. And even if I can't get a free gift box, many other presents come in a package that can be easily wrap (And boy do I love it when the packaging is square/rectangular). I've refused to buy wrapping paper for the last two year and it's actually working out pretty well.

How do I wrap my presents, you ask? The secret is the brown paper bag you pack your groceries into at the store!

I cut the bottom out, use it like normal wrapping paper (with the printed side touching the present itself), tie it up with hemp string, and finish it off with a few personal touches. Last year, I made personalized tags from card stock, a glitter pen, and glue. This year, I've made more basic name tags and little origami ornaments. This way, I can get two uses of the bag and the paper can still be recycled.

You can see my creations from this year here (Yes, I start buy and wrapping mid-November so I can drag out this process for as long as possible):


 A bit of patterned holly...

 A cute little fox (He/she is sideways, see the nosey and the eyes?).


Have you started preparing for the holidays? Do you have any tips? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read every single comment. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!